This new discipline chart uses clothespins marked with students’ names to track behavior.
Ideas for using this chart with individual students:
- Assign each student a number. Write the numbers on clip-style clothespins.
- At the start of class, everyone’s clothespin is on green. Encourage students to move towards purple (super student!).
- Reaching the top can be a reward in and of itself, or offer a small reward such as a sticker for their clothespin if they reach the top.
- Yellow is a warning, and red is a consequence.
Ideas for using this chart with groups:
- For older students, divide the class into several groups. Each group gets a clothespin with their group name.
- All groups start on green and try to reach the top of the chart each session. They can be moved up or down.
- Colors may be divided in half or quarters to give older students more of a challenge.